Privacy and Cookies
We are committed to responsible data management and subscribe to the principals of the data protection legislation in the United Kingdom.
We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our users and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you.
Wotscore requires very little information from you, namely your email address, and name. It requires this so that the software can recognise your account, and also that you can recognise yourself and others when interacting with competitions. You are free to give an alternative name such as a nickname.
Wotscore never uses marketing or advertising, and the information never leaves the site except in a couple of cases. Only two third parties have access to your wotcore data, mixpanel.com and uservoice.com which use your email and are our support services to help us understand when you have a problem.
Your email is used by Wotscore to automatically contact you when your competition changes.
We use a technology called "cookies".
- To allow you to login to the site
- To remember your email next time you login
You may decide to link your Wotscore profile with your google account, and allow Wotscore to access your google calendar. Wotscore may read from your calendar to see when you are busy, but doesn't have access to your personal details.
It may create and update a Wotscore calendar which will allow Google related to functionality to send you notifications of upcoming match dates. Calendar information is kept strictly between Wotscore and Google.
- ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
- Your access to and use of Wotscore and any of it's services is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use Wotscore for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using Wotscore you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using Wotscore.
- We reserve the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of Wotscore following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is therefore your responsibility to check the Terms and Conditions regularly for any changes.
- THE SERVICES
Wotscore may provide communication tools such as email, bulletin boards, chat areas, forums and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others. The Services are for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- CHILD SUPERVISION
We are concerned about the safety and privacy of our users, particularly children. Parents who wish to allow their children access to and use of Wotscore should supervise such access and use. By allowing your child access to the Services you are allowing your child access to all of the Services, including email, chat areas, forums and/or other message or communication facilities. It is therefore your responsibility to determine which Services are appropriate for your child. Always use caution when revealing personally identifiable information about yourself or your children via any of the Services.
- USER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
To use Wotscore you will be required to complete the registration process by providing an email and password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and also for all activities which take place under your account.
You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
In no event will Wotscore be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever resulting from the disclosure of your email and/or password.
You may not use another person's account at any time, without the express permission of the account holder. Wotscore will never contact you asking for your email or password.
- ACCEPTABLE USE
You acknowledge that all information, text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations and other materials ("the Content"), whether posted publicly or transmitted privately, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. We do not control or endorse the Content and cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content and you acknowledge that by using the Services you may be exposed to Content that is offensive and/or indecent. Wotscore will not be liable in any way for any Content or for any loss or damage of any kind resulting from the use of any Content transmitted via the Services and you agree to bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy or completeness of such Content.
- In using the Website/Services you agree not to:
- use the Services to send junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other unsolicited messages, commercial or otherwise;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or unlawful;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise;
- threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary right of any party;
- make available or upload files that contain a virus, worm, trojan or corrupt data that may damage the operation of the computer or property of another;
- collect or store personal information about others, including email addresses;
- advertise or offer to buy or sell goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such communication facility specifically allows such messages;
- impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations;
- use the Website/Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website/Services or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website/Services;
- post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or confidential information disclosed in the course of employment or under a confidentiality agreement);
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website/Services through hacking, password mining or any other means.
- We have no obligation to monitor the Services but shall be entitled to review materials posted to a communications facility and, at our sole discretion, to remove any material that breaches these Terms and Conditions or is otherwise objectionable.
We have the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Services at any time, without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, breach of these Terms and Conditions. We may also at any time, at our sole discretion, discontinue the Website/Services or any part thereof without prior notice and you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Website/Services.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITESs
Users may add links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that Wotscore is not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
- INTERNATIONAL USE
You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United Kingdom or the country in which you reside (if different) and with all local laws and rules regarding acceptable use of and conduct on the Internet.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website and the Services) are protected by copyright, trade marks, patents and other intellectual property rights and laws. In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the contents solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
Wotscore does not claim ownership of any materials you post, upload or submit to any publicly accessible area of the Services. However, by doing so you are granting us a world-wide, royalty free, non-exclusive licence to copy, distribute, transmit, reproduce, publicly display, edit, translate or publish such Content for as long as you elect to display such Content via the Services. The licence shall be terminated when such Content is deleted from the Services.
You agree to indemnify and hold Wotscore harmless from and against any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions and any claim or demand brought against Wotscore by any third party arising out of your use of the Services and/or any Content submitted, posted or transmitted through the Services, including without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) howsoever suffered or incurred by Wotscore in consequence of your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Use of the Website/Services is at your own risk. The Website/Services are provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, Wotscore will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website/Services.
Wotscore makes no warranty that the Website/Services will meet your requirements, that Content will be accurate or reliable, that the functionality of the Website/Services will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website/Services or the server that makes them available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of Wotscore for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Wotscore.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- GOVERNING LAW
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.